I feel very honored to have been asked to take part in the Book Blast for New Suns: Original Speculative Fiction by People of Color edited by Nishi Shawl and published by Rebellion Publishing.
‘THERE’S NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN, BUT THERE ARE NEW SUNS,’
PROCLAIMED OCTAVIA E. BUTLER.
New Suns: Original Speculative Fiction by People of Color showcases emerging and seasoned writers of many races telling stories filled with shocking delights, powerful visions of the familiar made strange.
Between this book’s covers burn tales of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and their indefinable overlappings. These are authors aware of our many possible pasts and futures, authors freed of stereotypes and clichéd expectations, ready to dazzle you with their daring genius.
Unexpected brilliance shines forth from every page.
TABLE OF CONTENTS – NEW SUNS, ed. Nisi Shawl.
- Foreword, LeVar Burton
- The Galactic Tourist Industrial Complex, Tobias Buckell
- Deer Dancer, Kathleen Alcalá
- The Virtue of Unfaithful Translations, Minsoo Kang
- Come Home to Atropos, Steven Barnes
- The Fine Print, Chinelo Onwualu
- unkind of mercy, Alex Jennings
- Burn the Ships, Alberto Yáñez
- The Freedom of the Shifting Sea, Jaymee Goh
- Three Variations on a Theme of Imperial Attire, E. Lily Yu
- Blood and Bells, Karin Lowachee
- Give Me Your Black Wings Oh Sister, Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Shadow We Cast Through Time, Indrapramit Das
- The Robots of Eden, Anil Menon
- Dumb House, Andrea Hairston
- One Easy Trick, Hiromi Goto
- Harvest, Rebecca Roanhorse
- Kelsey and the Burdened Breath, Darcie Little Badger
- Afterword, Nisi Shawl
The beautiful cover was created by Yoshi Yoshitani (http://www.yoshiyoshitani.com/)